Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Finger Millet Dosa / Ragi or Nachni Dosa


This is one of my easiest and healthy breakfast recipes. I make this dosa out of ragi atta or finger millet flour. I get this flour from my Indian grocery store. I serve it with sambhar, chutney or butter.


Ingredients
2 cups ragi or nachni flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated coconut (optional)
1 medium onion
handful of chopped coriander leaves or cilantro
2-3 green chilies
1/2 cup curd or butter milk
oil for frying

Method
Chop the onion and green chilies finely. Puree the coconut. Add these to the flour along with salt and coriander leaves. Add water and/or butter milk or curd to the flour till a thin consistancy is reached.


Oil a tava or pan and spread the batter evenly on the tava and cook covered.


Flip the dosa to the other side and cook uncovered. Serve hot with butter, chutney, sambhar or sauce.



Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3-4


No comments: