Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Potato Stir Fry


This is my grandmother's recipe. My sister loves potatoes a lot and when my grandparents visited us when we were in Bhopal in the early 1990's, my sister asked my grandmother to make something "different" for tiffin with alu. So my grandmother made this potato fry and gave us for tiffin. These peppered potatoes taste great with rice and dal too apart from roti.
I make this bhaji when I make sambhar or rasam. it is a great dish to make if you don't have time to make dinner. You can also stuff it into bread and make great sandwiches for breakfast. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients
5-6 potatoes
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon pepper powder or as per taste
3 tablespoon oil
salt for taste

Method

Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Sprinkle pepper powder, cumin powder and coriander powder on them. Heat oil in a pan and add these potatoes. Cook covered on medium heat till the potatoes are 3/4th cooked. Then remove the cover and cook them on high heat stirring continuously. The potatoes should be a little caramelized on all sides. Sprinkle garam masala on the potatoes. Serve how with roti or rice.


Preparation time: 25 minutes
Serves: 3-4

No comments: